There is no question on whether or not your online business needs digital marketing because the answer is yes, it absolutely does. However, having a basic digital marketing plan does not automatically guarantee success in this time and age. The online competition for attention is intense and it requires perfect strategies to increase your online global visibility.
“How could I tell if my marketing plan sucks?”
There are a few symptoms that could tell you that you need to improve your digital marketing game. The most obvious one is if your sales are not improving or are even plummeting. It is a sign that you are not advertising to your target audience or even at the instance that they notice your business, maybe the campaigns are not powerful enough to incentivize them to purchase from you.
Another sign is if the company is showing signs of being stagnant. Stagnancy can be visible in the lack of revenues generated or if there are no new customers who sign up.
Another sign is an unclear brand awareness compared to your competitors. Your digital marketing strategy is considered ineffective if your company has unclear vision and growth objectives. A weak brand is easy to forget, especially considering that there are competitor brands with strong taglines that are much more memorable.
What is so bad about an ineffective digital marketing plan?
If your company’s marketing strategy won’t get immediately remedied, then you are basically a sink with an open drain. You will tend to invest repeatedly in bad marketing choices and not get any return on investment from it. Without generated revenue, the company cannot invest in company expansion and development. You will fall out of the race to the top.
The department of marketing is one of the pivotal sectors of any company, particularly those that are based on sales. Without an active campaign for people to subscribe to your services, there will be no way to generate income.
A checklist for determining your digital marketing status
Answer the following questions with a “yes” or “no.” Afterward, there will be an evaluation of the results of this quiz.
- Do you have an understanding of which customers are most valuable in terms of potential revenue and profitability?
- Do you understand your clients and how they make decisions related to buying?
- Is your brand message inspiring and strong?
- Do your clients understand what problems you solve and how you do it better than your competitors?
- Is the marketing content you are producing compelling enough to make the viewers buy it?
- Are you allocating marketing resources based on specific marketing objectives and toward accounts with the biggest potential for revenues?
- Do you have more competent marketers than incompetent ones?
- Is your current strategy generating leads that exceed goals?
- Are your campaigns targeted and specific to a certain sector?
- Are your decisions based on data and not intuition alone?
If the result is 8 or higher, then there is no need to worry. If the results range from 4 to 7, there is a need to refine the current digital marketing strategy. Scoring a 3 warranties professional consultation and a complete change of strategy.